The South has been blessed by an early wave of warm weather and I am so excited to begin planting! If you really want to embrace this incredible spring we are having, I have the perfect plant combination planned just for you.
1. Large mandevilla
2. 4″ creeping jenny
3. 4″ blue fan scaevola
4. Large bag of potting soil
5. Container (18-24″ in diameter)
1. Make sure that your container has good drainage. If necessary, drill holes in the bottom that are no smaller than a penny.
2. Fill your container with potting soil at least 2-3 inches below the rim.
3. Give your plants plenty to drink before planting.
4. Remove pots from each plant and then loosen the roots.
5. First, plant the mandevilla towards the back of the container. Then, place the scaevola on the right and the creeping jenny on the left.
1. Keep in full sun.
2. Water every other day.
3. Use water soluble fertilizer for long-lasting blooms!
4. Keep the scaevola hydrated! She is not quite as forgiving as the other two. (However, you can always remove the scaevola. The creeping jenny will gladly move into her place.)
5. About half way through the summer, clip the creeping jenny and scaevola way back. This will enable new growth.
Easy, huh? Sometimes it is just that simple! What gardening projects have you started working on this spring? I would love to hear all about them in the comment section below.
Happy Monday! I hope the rest of your week is filled with sunshine!
For more plants for Spring, be sure to check out our Spring Container Garden Series. So many great ideas!