Spring is near and it is time to take the party outside–the plant party, that is. However, today we are not planting. Today’s container garden is the ultimate stuff ‘n’ shove. If you are anything like me, hosting a party means running around like a crazy person in order to prepare for your guests. It is important to make your guests feel welcome, to show them how special they are to you. Today’s container garden is a reflection of that. It will ensure that all of your guests feel special as soon as they set foot inside or outside your home.
1. Gallon bucket
2. 30-50 clipped forsythia branches 2-4 ft tall
3. 25-30 picked daffodils
4. 3 pots of hyancith
5. Container that is large enough for the bucket to fit inside
(Tip: Let the bucket of branches sit in a steamy bathroom, but don’t let the water touch the branches. The goal is to let the steam work its magic.)
1. Fill half of the bucket with water and then add the branches.
2. Place the bucket inside your container.
3. Remove the pots from the hyancith and then stuff ‘n’ shove the bulbs into the bucket.
4. Lastly, arrange your daffodils. There is no need to place the daffodils in the water. However, if you are putting your container together the day before your guests arrive do place the stems in water tubes.
Easy peasey lemon squeezey!
You are now ready to greet your guests for spring. Happy Saturday, everyone! Enjoy time spent with family and friends.
Missed one of the days of our 28 Days of Spring Container Gardens? Catch up here…