“Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile”
-William Cullen Bryant
Fall is most definitely a magical season, with a unique allure all of it’s own. It’s as if there are all of these treasures, hidden throughout the year, that suddenly come to life in the fall. The way in which the warm sun and cool breeze work together in perfect harmony; the need to bundle up in over-sized sweaters, tall boots, and even taller socks; the sudden urge to build fires, make s’mores, and drink endless amounts of hot cocoa and apple cider—this is what fall is made of.
When one thinks of fall, the colors orange, red, yellow, and brown are usually close behind. This is a natural connection to make considering how these colors work so beautifully together in the trees above and on the ground below. This fall, however, I find myself inspired by a completely different color palette. Soft peach, mustard yellow, sage green, and copper are a mesmerizing quartet of colors that have me singing a brand new love song for this season. These colors look absolutely stunning together, inside the garden and out.
- To Dress: This fabulous look, found at J. Crew, has fall fashion written all over it! Although this color palette is more common in the spring, I find the mix of soft neutrals with a bright, pop of color a refreshing look during this cooler season.
- To Display: This gorgeous photograph, taken by the talented Haley Sheffield, showcases a breathtaking bouquet by Juli Vaughn Designs. Again, the softness of these flowers are not typically found in the fall, however, I could not help but find inspiration in the overall beauty of this display.
- To Dine: I am absolutely smitten with these vintage, copper pots found at One Kings Lane. This amazing display of pots create an irresistible shine that will add interest to any classic, fall decor and will also maintain its appeal throughout the year.
- To Desire: If you find this color scheme as stunning as we do, here are some darling items to add to your fall wish list: A Rifle Paper Co. Peach Floral iPhone Case and this Leather Fossil Watch in Sage.
- To Decorate: A plate too pretty to eat off of! The exquisite artistry displayed on this plate captures the inspiration for my fall color scheme perfectly. You can find this lovely Watercolor Petals Dinner Plate over at Anthropolgie.