We love succulents, so low-maintenance! If you are a forgetful water-er or frequent traveler, these are the perfect plants for you. Succulents are perfect for the hot summer sun since they love to dry out. We planted with an Atlanta couple at the Home Depot in Midtown last weekend; check out the video below for a step-by-step tutorial. Make sure to check out the other posts on Planting a DIY Succulent Garden and Rehabbing Your Succulents. A few key points:
- Succulents like a drier environment. Make sure you are using a high-quality ‘cactus soil’ or mix some sand into your regular potting soil that you have on-hand for proper moisture and drainage.
- When picking succulents, make sure to choose a variety of colors, shapes and textures for richest look. I love to plant in odd numbers in containers because it makes centering and balance much easier.
- Ensure your plants have some room to grow in their container with proper drainage. Space about 2 inches apart, and keep those roots in tact when planting.
- The marble chips polish off this look perfectly, so clean and modern! These were less than $5 at the garden center! (similar here).
- Make sure you aren’t over-watering your succulents. 2 times a month is plenty
And…. a few of my favorite succulent images
A small succulent garden in my favorite color pot, turquoise! From my post on How to Rehab Your Succulents.
If you want to make a big impact, more is more! I love all of the varying colors and textures. From my post DIY Succulent Garden.